Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Some Girly Decor

My friend Corinne told me about a great clearance sale going on at Hobby Lobby... I ended up scoring some great stuff!

I found this frame and cut the artwork out of it (it was a cowgirl-themed painting... SO not the style of my daughter).  I replaced it with a print of a quote that describes her perfectly.  I made the artwork in Adobe Illustrator then had it printed as a photo.

Anyone who knows my daughter just laughs when I show them this quote.  She is tiny.  But man does she have an attitude!

I was inspired by this artwork on etsy.

I can't believe how perfectly the frame and mat match the room; I've been slowly but surely decking the room out in hot pink and leopard print.


  Here's a sneak peek of the room

And here's another piece of art I bought at Hobby Lobby

The canvas painting was only $7!

I'm hoping to have both the kids' rooms done in the next couple weeks.  I'll have a big reveal when they're done!  We've been in this house for over a year now and I still haven't gotten around to painting anything fun in their rooms.  Every time I have a mural job to paint a child's room, I feel pretty badly about not taking care of my kids' rooms first.

Anyone else out there work in other people's homes but never get around to taking care of their own???  Let me know if you can relate in the comments.

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Jamie
This post is linked here:  Today's Creative Blog Blue Cricket Design Kurtz Corner Mommy by Day Crafter by Night Cherished Bliss Lines Across My Face Southern Lovely Bear Rabbit Bear French Country Cottage Craft Junkie Too DIY Home Sweet Home Saved by Love Domestically Speaking Funky Junk Interiors Homemaker on a Dime Eisy Morgan The Answer is Chocolate Making the World Cuter Craft-O-Maniac lolly jane 504 Main I Heart Naptime Singing Three Little Birds mad in crafts House of Hepworths Somewhat Simple Chic on a Shoestring Keeping it Simple Be Different Act Normal Sew Can Do Sew Chatty Pinkapotamus The Girl Creative Flamingo Toes Tatertots and Jello Sisters of the Wild West Reasons to Skip the Housework Giggles Glitz and Glam Tip JunkieThe Trendy Treehouse Ladybug Blessings Night Owl Crafting Tea Rose Home My Girlish Whims Allie Makes Gluesticks Thrifty 101 Momnivores Dilemma A Little Knick Knack Miss Mustard Seed Freckled Laundry kojo designs A vision to remember Primitive and Proper 733 Rook no 17 Home Stories A to Z Naptime Crafters Whipperberry delightful order blissful and domestic elizabeth and co diy by design gingersnap crafts>my repurposed life

16 comments:

  1. so fun!!!! i love the saying! i need that for emmy... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And love that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you explain how you made the galaxy murals? Specifically, I'm trying to figure out what the molding/ white framing is. I'm looking to do the same and can't figure out what you used that made that half circle shape. Thanks. -aidenscsmommy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. شركة مكافحة حشرات و رش مبيدات

    افضل شركة تنظيف بالاحساء افضل شركة تنظيف بالاحساء
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخبر شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخبر
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالجبيل شركة مكافحة حشرات بالجبيل
    شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love reading your guides. moreover if you need reviews about best mop for laminate floors then visit rankingmom to read all buying guides.

    ReplyDelete
  6. visit our website and download iconic woocommerce for wordpress

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent blog, it was helpful. Would like to see more posts like this. also visit apptros and get world of warships mod download

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just want to take him home and snuggle with him all day! https://bit.ly/3iRmvWe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here are some of our favorite teen room decor pieces to help them get started on their search. Read full article. Top Pick ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your feedback! Leave a comment and I will write you back (as long as your settings include your email address). Thanks for the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...