Saturday, June 02, 2012

How to Style a Dresser (With Limited Resources)

I LOVE this dresser from Su Casa.  I really can't wait to see it in the new house.  But I needed to make it look nice for it's few days in the current house

I shopped the house, but came up pretty short.  Why?  Well, because everything is here...

I really wanted to anchor the books and vase with a tray.  Too bad, all the trays are packed for the move.  Or how about displaying that beautiful heirloom pitcher we have?  Nope, packed.

My sweet neighbors let me clip a few hydrangeas from their yard, so that definitely helped.

And I did still have these old paperbacks lying around.

I also took the canvases that used to be behind my bed and brightened them up a little with some ceiling white paint.  I wanted the whites in them to be a little brighter and the finish on the old paintings was glossier than I liked.

Hanging a canvas, large photo, or mirror over the dresser helps to designate the area as a focal point in the room.  It also works as a layer with all the other elements on the dresser.  I'm thinking a flat screen would be nice on/above it as well (wink wink hint hint to Mr Creative Imperative)

Before I go, I want to show you my favorite feature on the dresser

Take a look at that middle drawer.  Yes, it is a drawer, but it's also...

a secret DVD player/media compartment with a door that flips open!  Awesome, right?  There's even a hole in the back for the cord.  Now this thing is screaming to have a TV paired with it.  This piece is so versatile and would make a beautiful media console in a family room.

Here's one more look

What do you think?  Let me know in the comments! 


If you'd like to read more about my experience with this dresser from Su Casa, you can click here or here.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Blessings,
Jamie

featured here:

This post is linked here:  Today's Creative Blog Blue Cricket Design Kurtz Corner Mommy by Day Crafter by Night Cherished Bliss Lines Across My Face Southern Lovely Bear Rabbit Bear French Country Cottage Craft Junkie Too DIY Home Sweet Home Saved by Love Domestically Speaking Funky Junk Interiors Homemaker on a Dime Eisy Morgan The Answer is Chocolate Making the World Cuter Craft-O-Maniac lolly jane 504 Main I Heart Naptime Singing Three Little Birds mad in crafts House of Hepworths Somewhat Simple Chic on a Shoestring Keeping it Simple Be Different Act Normal Sew Can Do Sew Chatty Pinkapotamus The Girl Creative Flamingo Toes Tatertots and Jello Sisters of the Wild West Reasons to Skip the Housework Giggles Glitz and Glam Tip JunkieThe Trendy Treehouse Ladybug Blessings Night Owl Crafting Tea Rose Home My Girlish Whims Allie Makes Gluesticks Thrifty 101 Momnivores Dilemma A Little Knick Knack Miss Mustard Seed Freckled Laundry kojo designs A vision to remember Primitive and Proper 733 Rook no 17 Home Stories A to Z Naptime Crafters Whipperberry delightful order blissful and domestic elizabeth and co diy by design gingersnap crafts>my repurposed life

10 comments:

  1. Great dresser and lamps, and I would totally love that combo in a living room too. Very pretty! Now following, Tanya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for giving us these great ideas, very nice looking, it is all arranged perfectly, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! I just refinished two bookshelf's and am trying to figure out how to style them! Thanks for the hints

    -Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very cool. I would love it with a mirror above it. And flowers always make a statement. I like the feel of this piece.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Bundling the paper backs just gives them so much more weight! Thank you for the tips! -Marci

    ReplyDelete
  6. That secret door thing is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I would love if you would share these on my weekly linky Party Blog Stalking Thursday. http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2012/06/blog-stalking-thursday-44.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jamie, this is the favorite post of the week :) Glad you joined us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suggest good information in this message, click here.

    webbet123.com
    ufa1688s.nett

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your feedback! Leave a comment and I will write you back (as long as your settings include your email address). Thanks for the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...